If you’re in high school and want to apply to Ivy League schools and get financial aid: Here’s some to do’s for you:
First of all, if you have questions please don’t DM me unless it’s personal. Please comment instead so that someone with a similar question can learn : )
-> remember to send this to your fave peeps in high school, or parents with kids in high school : )
1. First off, if you’re thinking about attending prestigious universities like Ivy leagues, you’re probably worried about affording the school. Remember that as an international student, who is eligible to be admitted to an Ivy League school (most of which are need-blind ), then you can apply for financial aid and only pay what you can afford. Comment below if you have questions about that : )
2. Make sure that your high school transcript is competitive. These universities admit some of the brightest students in the world, and if you’re planning to apply, your grades don’t have to be PERFECT ( I got a B in one of my subjects in KCSE, though it wasn’t counted, if you’re Kenyan you know how that works ), but they need to show that you can thrive academically.
3. Enroll in interesting extra-curricular activities, where you can demonstrate genuine interest and leadership. You’re better off being a part of only 2 or 3 for all 4 years than skipping from one to another - shows that you’re a committed person.
4. Begin practicing story telling and essay writing because your CommonApp essay is very important and sets you apart from other applicants. This will give you an edge if your SAT, TOEFL or high school grades are not extremely competitive - I’m really good at essay advising so hit my DMs if you need more help with this : )
5. Start planning early, decisions just came out, so this is a new application cycle. It takes time to learn about different schools, academic programs and states you want to end up in. And it takes a while to write great essays. So start planning early : )
Remember to COMMENT your questions.
#ivyleagueguide #collegecoach #africanativyleague #universitycoach #ipreview